Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 7: Ham Fried Rice


WHOA OMG its been a long time since I posted- sorry! Thanksgiving break + finals week + winter break put me on a pretty long hiatus. But alas, I've had my glorious blog in my mind the whole time! I actually finished H a long time ago, I just did I yesterday, and I'm gonna do J tomorrow!! I'm on a roll :D

So ham fried rice! This will take up one of my "get out of jail free" cards (Chinese food is so ubiquitous its super easy to choose). I've used up Italy and China... hmm lol I hope I can find enough countries to keep up!!

Anyway, It's a super simple recipe. Seriously. It's fried rice. Guess what you do. You fry rice. OMG APOCALYPSE

So here's the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ham-Fried-Rice/Detail.aspx

Rating: 3.5/5
Cost: pretty darn cheap... around 15 I think?
Difficulty: easy peasy
Eat it again?: Probably, but I'd rather have Asian meats :P
Allergies: there are eggs in it and ham... so if you're allergic to eggs and ham (sam I am [herp Dr. Suess humor]), or have some religious affiliation that stops you from eating these things, beware!!

So really nothing too special about this recipe. I just needed to make something to feed a bunch of people, so this is it. I've never made fried rice with American ham before (I'm used to using Chinese cha shu and lots of other Chinese meats). I was a little skeptical, but it actually turned out quite nicely!! Though, admittedly, I burned it a little bit :P I shouldn't have burned it, but I was so worried about keeping it hot for my friends to eat that...well yeah it got a little out of hand xD

I didn't do anything differently from the recipe, except I fried the egg in the wok beforehand and just threw everything on top when the eggs were about half done (as to not overcook the eggs). It really doesn't make a difference with Chinese cooking- just throw everything in and it'll all cook itself eventually XD

So yeah- sort of a boring post to start out the new year xD But tomorrow will be much more interesting!! Tomorrow is: Irish stew!! Totally awesome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment