Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Tasty College Experiment :D

Hello,

I'm Jade Roland, currently a sophomore undergrad college student at UC Davis. My major is economics with a minor in art history. I play the clarinet and am a member of the Cal Aggie Marching Band-uh! and damn proud of it :D I'm located in West Davis (the best Davis!), and I really enjoy cooking :)

Cooking is just a part of the sophomore part of life- once freshman year is over, its time to start cooking for yourself. No more being babied by the shitty food in the dining commons. Being a sophomore is the first step to becoming a independent adult (with my mom paying for my bills and stuff). So why not make the chores, aka cooking experience fun?

I've come up with a simple cooking experiment, and I wanted to start a blog on it :)

Here are the rules of my experiment:
1. I have to cook one dish a week corresponding to the next letter in the alphabet. For example, week 1 I'll do something that starts with A, week 2 I'll make a dish that starts with B, etc.
2. I can't repeat any of the dishes by jumbling up the names (ie chicken with vegetables becomes vegetable chicken)
3. I have to hit all the continents (thats right, I'm gonna attempt to make some Antarctica-ese food), and at least 20 specific countries.
4. I can't quit!!!
5. Try to stay in my ridiculous food budget xD (seriously my budget for food is 10 bucks a day, I finally know the feeling of being a starving college kid)
6. No doing recipes that I've done in the past! They all have to be brand new things I've never made before :)

I'll take pictures of all my dishes, give a brief explanation of all of them when I post. :)

Mmm my stomach is growling already :D

No comments:

Post a Comment